The utilization rate of chemical fertilizer is affected by many factors, such as fertilizer application rate, fertilizer type, soil characteristics, crop varieties etc. The utilization rate of nitrogen and phosphorus is very low in some areas. Measures should be taken to improve the utilization rate of chemical fertilizer in field production. Only by making good use of fertilizer, we can reduce costs and increase benefits.
1. Main reasons affecting Fertilizer efficiency
- – The fertilization structure was not reasonable. The proportion of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium was unbalanced. At present, some farmers are still applying fertilizer according to the traditional experience. There are serious blind and random. The amount of fertilizer is increased. The yield is not increased. And serious waste is caused.
- – The method of fertilizing is not scientific. Farmers often pay attention to the application of base fertilizer and rarely apply topdressing. Which not only reduces the fertilizer utilization rate. But also makes the phenomenon of runing out of nutrients in the later growth stage of crops and affects the yield of crops. In addition, they do not understand the characteristics of fertilizer itself. And the shallow depth of fertilizer is also an important reason for the low utilization rate of chemical fertilizer.
- – Trace elements have not received the attention they deserve. Because the trace elements in soil can not be supplemented for a long time. The content of trace elements can no longer meet the needs of crop growth. According to the theory of “equal important law and minimum nutrient law” of soil fertilizer. Even if the proportion of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium is reasonable. The yield of crops will be affected.
2. Effective ways to improve the Utilization ratio of Chemical Fertilizer (fertilizer efficiency)
Vigorously popularize the technology of formula fertilizer.
- – According to the law of crop fertilizer demand, the reasonable amount and proportion of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and humic acid fertilizer were adjusted. So that the crop could get comprehensive and reasonable nutrient supply. Give full play to the potential of crop yield increase and improve economic benefit. For example, wheat and corn are more sensitive to nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, while beans and rape are more sensitive to phosphorus, potato, tobacco and other crops are sensitive to potassium. The more sensitive the element, the higher the absorption and utilization ratio.
In sandy soil, humic acid fertilizer and phosphate fertilizer were used as base fertilizer.
- – Half of humic acid fertilizer and nitrogen fertilizer were used as base fertilizer, the other half was used as topdressing fertilizer in the process of growth and development, and then the amount of water should not be too large, so as to avoid the leakage of fertilizer. In clay soil, humic acid fertilizer and phosphate fertilizer and two-thirds of nitrogen fertilizer were used as base fertilizer, one-third of humic acid fertilizer and nitrogen fertilizer were used as topdressing stage, anhydrous dry land conditions, humic acid and nitrogen and phosphorus were used as base fertilizer. In fertile soil, it is necessary to control the amount of nitrogen fertilizer properly and apply it early in order to prevent the late ripening due to excess nitrogen fertilizer in the later stage of crops, and to increase the amount of phosphorus and potassium fertilizer.
Chemical fertilizer, humic acid fertilizer combined application.
- – Chemical fertilizer, fertilizer efficiency fast; humic acid fertilizer, fertilizer efficiency lasting. The mixed application of chemical fertilizer and humic acid fertilizer can complement each other to meet the supply of nutrients in the whole growth period of crops, and can also make use of the buffer of humic acid fertilizer and the ability of lasting fertilizer efficiency to reduce the loss of fertilizer nutrients and thus improve the utilization rate of chemical fertilizers.